Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Chak de INDIA !!!!

Hello INDIA and Indians all around the world..... A very very Happy Independence Day !!!!

This Independence Day is a lot different than all the previous ones. To begin with, for the first time, I am not in my INDIA. 15th august is just another calender day here. There's no playing of Deshbhakti Songs all around. Children are not going to their school early in the morning wearing all white. There are no functions ( I am very disappointed by the Association of Indian Students here).
Not that I used to hoist our National Flag in my IIT days, but somehow I used to get the feel of Independence Day. But not here, not now. Here I am, some 12,000 kms away from my homeland, wearing a Kurta, writing this post and wishing myself a Happy Independence Day.

I hope the celebrations back home are as usual or even on a larger scale than ever this time, for our country is pretty young, even at 60.

I felt never so proud wearing a kurta.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY !!!!

cya

5 comments:

Lady Godiva said...

Swatantra Bharat ki saathvi saalgirah tumhe bhi Mubarak ho!!!

Zee said...

never felt so proud wearing a kurta......... :) so cute!

Daroga said...

@ Godiva
Dhanyawaad and same to u :)

@ Zee
thnk u :)

Still Searching said...

And I never felt so proud to actually wear the Indian flag pinned on my clothes! It was different this time for me too!

Daroga said...

Well, Had I got my desk, I would definitely put up our Indian Flag on it but I just had to manage with the Kurta. And despite being so many Indian Students in my university, I saw only 3 people (me, my room-mate and another guy) in Kurta... and forget the girls.
I Object.