Monday, July 07, 2008

Missing from action

Yes, I agree that I vanished, yet again. But I can't help it. (Actually, I could have helped it, but everytime I thought of posting a new post, I wanted it to be one of my best posts. And the improbability of this event held me back)

Best post or not, this thought just came across me while surfing the net (cricinfo, to be exact) and I said to myself that if I don't post it now, I may never do it.
So, this article was about Saqlain Mushtaq, the great off-spinner from Pakistan. For non-Indians, he is a cricketer. Rest, you better not say out loud that you have never heard of Saqlain Mushtaq. Not if you are older than 16 years. And this is my point. One of my wingies used to say,"Jawaani ke din hain bhai !!" When I meet guys 3-4 years younger than me, I wonder if jawaani ke din abhi bhi hain ya nahin. I believe that they are and I certainly hope they last for few more years, at least. Anyway, time flies and takes something with it. Here I am listing (in no particular order) what I miss now-a-days, which used to be an integral part of my growing years:
  1. Literally praying for India to win a cricket match.
  2. Govinda
  3. Saqlain Mushtaq
  4. Ajay Jadeja
  5. Daler Mehandi
  6. Ranchi
  7. Captain Vyom
  8. My 'gang' in Class 8-10
  9. Being rank 1 in the class
  10. Wasim Akram
  11. Madhuri Dixit
  12. Juhi Chawla
Well, no one can beat time.

jai ho

7 comments:

Soham Shah said...

why do u miss Saqlain?? ..

he was good - not the best..

Anonymous said...

Sheeshhh....Madhuri??? Captain Vyom??? Daler Mehandi??? Good that u have grown up :P

Anonymous said...

The 'gang' in Class 8-10 -- I miss that too :-)
Ranchi -- Same pinch!!!
Govinda -- Okay, so what if I hate him now... I used to like him once upon a time.
Madhuri Dixit -- almost same pinch

Jai Ho!!!!

Anonymous said...

My, my somebody is getting nostalgic! , hun :)...

But govinda????

And u used t be first in the class or is it just a wishful thinking :P

Anonymous said...

Govinda's made a comeback...with likes of katrina, esha et al.. check out his movers n shakers..still has the same energy he always possessed...

Daroga said...

@ Soham

Can we not miss someone who is not the best ? :)
waise, apart from Murali, I don't recall any off-spinner better than Saqlain.

@ Opinionsandexpressions
Seems like you had already grown up at the time of Captain Vyom.
For me it was really different and exciting, having been lived on the mercy of Doordarshan till 2000.

@ LadyG
The 'gang' was awesome !!!
Govinda brand comedies were really entertaining, more so because of the rest of the crap in 90s.

@ Sakhi
Just a thought. Govida and his style of comedy was the only saving grace in the 90s, apart from occasional SRK.
Class 8 was the last time I ranked 1st in the class. :)

@ Lavender
I wish he delivers the same as he used to.

Anonymous said...

And yet some things never change! :)