Tuesday, October 31, 2006

R-29 L-28 S-24 W-30 T-111

Well.... all those who r still scratching their heads to decipher the title.... plz refrain from doing so coz u'll never know that it's the key-code of my Swiss Bank Account. So plz don't waste your time.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I have just been back from home after attending "Chhath" , most popular festival of Bihar n Jharkhand. It is a festival of Well-being, devotion, wishes, n all. It is the only festival where Sun god is worshipped. Mothers do "Chhath" for the well-being of their children. It is also a festival of contribution. Everyone is free to contribute in whichever way (s)he may desire. There are rules associated with it, but they are quite flexible. The only thing it demands is 'pure intentions'.... everything else is adaptive. Let me take you through the "Chhath" at my home......

Mom making the Chulha(stove) for making the prasad


Women at Work.... prasad in progress


All set to go to the Ghaat for the sunset


Offering Arghya to The Setting Sun


Setting up the Kosi for the night


Waiting for the Sunrise with the Kosi re-set at the Ghaat


Offering Arghya to The Rising Sun


Chhath over.... returning from the Ghaat


And this is the e-prasad for all of you

Am I acting like a Brand Ambassador of Chhath ?? No... its just that I don't know when next would I be able to attend this greatest festival of us Biharis .
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW .... the title of this post ... when expanded.... becomes.......
Reading-29 Listening-28 Speaking-24 Writing-30 Total-111
That's my TOEFL ibt Score :)
Keep smiling......


4 comments:

Bebo said...

Hey thats you isnt it? Well, I need to ask my collegues abt this festival that they never told me about. I hope you really enjoyed the festival. TC!

Daroga said...

@ Sh D
ya... tht's me... sans the curly hair :)
and yes... I really enjoyed it.

Bebo said...

Trust me Adarsh, you looked just like a gangster in those videos of urs. The curly , long, oily hair...hehe...You can never escape from these compliments that I will keep on giving you time to time. Cheers!

Daroga said...

@ Sh D
And I'll always love ur compliments. I looked like a gangster...tht means a role... well played...isn't it :)
Cheers 2 u 2
TC