Sunday, February 04, 2007

C ya on V-day (hopefully)

It's the first time I am on "Official leave". My supervisor is taking me to Indo-US Workshop on Advances in Computational Optimization and Analysis of Systems {Kuchh samajh mein aaya ???? ................ me neither :D } to be held in I.I.T. Kanpur during 6-9 February,2007.

I knew you will take me otherwise. So let me make myself clear..... for me its nothing more than a paid trip to IITK.... jab 4 saal apne IIT mein nahin padha to baajuwaale IIT mein 4 din mein kya padhenge :P
Will go to home sweet home while returning.
----------------------------------------------------
  • Rickshaw fare from Patel Hall of Residence to Kharagpur Junction : Rs 30
  • Passenger train ticket from KGP to LAYABAD ( The railways don't give ticket for Sijua, where I disembark) : Rs 34
  • Lehar Kurkure and Brittania Good Day Cake ( which make my lunch) : Rs 20
  • Jhaal Murhi ( those who haven't heard of it.... I can't explain... you have to taste it to know it) :
Rs 4 (if given in local Bengali newspaper)
Rs 5 (if given in National English Daily, properly garnished with 1mm thick , 1cm wide, quarter of a ring of coconut)
  • Jhaal waala Lozenge ( again ... you have to experience it to know it) : Rs 2 (for a pack of 4... I buy 5 such packs)
  • Chana-ghugni : Rs 3
  • Boiled eggs : Rs 5 a pair ( in Summers) ....... Rs 6 a pair ( in winters)
  • Chiniya Badaam ( roasted groundnuts) : Rs 5 per 100 gms
  • The very sweet, green and fresh guavas that I take home for my sister : Rs 20 per kg
  • The smile on my parents' face when they see their son coming home with a job : Priceless.
c ya soon.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

pay the rickshaw 25 bucks.....tht way u can hv 2 more eggs!!!

Zee said...

going home is always such a thrill :) have fun

Shankha said...

Thanx for commenting on my blog...i know it was loooong back n u mst hav 4gotten that u'd done smthn like that...nevertheless, njoy ur computational etc.etc. seminar.

shankha

Di said...

enjoy the trip! :)

K.F. Sahiwala said...

Happy journey ! Wish you all the Best

Bebo said...

Hi Adarsh! How are you? I hope u had a nice time with family. TC!

Garam Bheja Fry said...

hey i had that kind of trip as well...going home with a job..- its so very priceless..:)

Daroga said...

@ Arindam
arre yaar... ye rickshaw waalon se kaun kach-kach kare :P

@ Zee
ya sure it is...and will always be

@ Shankha
humko to laga ki u were kidnapped :P

@ Di
thnx... and yes... i njoyed the trip a lot

@ K F Sahiwala
Thnx :)

@ Bebo
I am waiting for ur mail... this space is too constrained.... i hope u got me :)

@ Cardamom
:) [aage to sab idea hai hi ]