Thursday, February 01, 2007

Pehchaan Kaun ?

Good Morning.

I know its early but you know when you enter professional life, the instantaneous positions of the hands of the clock really doesn't matter. Your job takes the utmost priority and everything else is pushed back, knowingly or unknowingly, by none other than you. Such is the demand and such should be the dedication. Anyways, lets get back to our morning. For some people, it may be the morning after they had experienced the best day in their life. For some others, it may be the beginning of the best day in their life. Some will awake today having a good, tight sleep after winning a kind of battle. For me and most of others, it is yet another morning. Time to get ready for the job. Sometimes I envy those having 9-5 jobs... but only sometimes. The rest of the times I relish the absence of constraints, the absence of dress code, the absence of extra mental burden that they carry home and above all.....the absence of a BOSS !!!

Oh.... I think you are still wondering about my job profile. OK.... let me try to explain. Actually, the job i simple but it becomes kind of hard to explain. Nevertheless, I'll try.
I am a self-emplyed serviceman in the SMV division of the transportation sector. As I said... I have no boss. I have no juniors either. I have colleagues but they all are independent. My vehicle runs with the energy produced when glucose and its cousins are decomposed by chemical reagents during a bio-chemical process. Like all other jobs, my job requires enormous will power. My customers range from new born babies to one-strong-hichki-and-i-am-dead elders, the fairer sex and the old being the niche domain. It is not customary in our job to use any artificial means such as print or screen media to publicise and attract customers. We have to rely on our PR skills, which has less than 50% probability of success. So the more veteran you are, the more customers you attract.

Though there is no fixed retirement age a la govt. jobs, my colleagues retire by the age of 55 due to physiological constraints but exceptions are always there. The rigours of my job requires usage of additional chemical stimulants which the so-called corporate world terms as 'alcohol'. Ours is a 24 hour service and I get to sleep in my office only. To compensate for this, I take a few days off in a month(one of the advantages of not having a boss). Every passerby without any artificial means of transport is a prospective customer and I respect each and every of them.
And Oh yes..... good pricing and negotiation skills are very important to excel in my field.
All those who still haven't figured out who I am... lemme tell you.... I am your local Rickshaw-waala.

P.S.---> SMV = Slow Moving Vehicle.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i told u not to write this blog.........dekha no comments....

Daroga said...

@ Anonymous D
i deeply regret the publishing of this piece.... but kya karein... control hi nahin hota hai :P

Garam Bheja Fry said...

Real good post!!! mast hai bhaai...sahee likhaa hai...:D

Daroga said...

@ Cardamom
thnk u thnk u :)

srikant said...

the way you created the suspense was great...but thoda aur continue karta naa

Daroga said...

@ Srikant
Abe...class khatam ho gayi naa :P

Zee said...

u forgot a very important aspects of ur job
1. making sure girls who take a ride on ur rickshaw are scared out of the brains if u go too fast
2. making sure that the seat has at least a couple of nails coming out of somewhere to rip the kurtis of the female passengers
3. making strange kissing noises as the proxy for the missing horn on ur rickshaw much to the offence of people around u!!!

:) nice blog......i luved the first bit esp about how the morning means diff things to diff people. think u shud dedicate a full post to it...

phew! long comment huh!

Daroga said...

@ Zee
actually this post was written in a boring class. and as the class was coming to an end... i also hurried to the end it seems. us waqt to itne details nahin chamke :P
neways... suggestion noted.