Friday, March 16, 2007

Long Time no P(ost)

The main reason for this absence of mine from Blogeteria is that I was busy in Inter-Hostel Choreography competition.
Hold on folks.... before you jump out of your chair, smash the popcorn in your hands and roll on to floor laughing... let me tell you that I wasn't dancing . I am a terrible dancer( though I danced the last time around). This time I was directing and I swear to God.... Directing a Choreography is TOUGH !!!! Ours is not the conventional kind you see in films or awards functions. Here we have a theme to depict. So we have to tell a story through dance which makes it essentially a Dance-drama.
Ours was a choreography in the "Third Form". For those who don't know , "Third Form" is a kind of stage production wherein you don't use any props/sets etc. Everything ... be it a table, chair, door.... everything is depicted using people. So our choreo was abstract and entirely different from the others. There were on-stage fumbles and as expected, we didn't win any prize. (We did win the 'Best Lights' but I consider it more a gift than a win)
Winning and losing is part of the game. It's OK we didn't win. I'll always be proud of our design. We fell one day short otherwise it would have been perfect. Nonetheless, its over now. It was my last choreo in India. In a few days I'll be busy with my last Hindi Dramatics in India.
As they say .... "The show must go on."

And Oh.... did I tell you that I have got two more offers..... from Arizona State University and Iowa State University. And I have withdrawn my candidature from two others. One university knows about my USC and so they are not going to offer me anything. Another university says that it has received everything from me except the application fee :P There may have been some error during transaction. And I am not going to pay the fee now. So this makes it a total of 7 results out of 12. Waiting for the remaining 5.

Be happy and Keep Smiling
c ya soon

5 comments:

Zee said...

ooooooo i luv directing too! we'd put up a play once in college and it was damn stupid and all but i'd taught the bunch to dance on las ketchup coz no one had seen the song (hostel and tv deprived u see) :) too bad u didn't win.....

Daroga said...

its sad... but may be not bad... the better teams won... at least the first two.
And we didn't hv steps a la Las Ketchup :P

Bebo said...

Why do always leave a sweet 'Keep smiling' message for me in all posts Adarsh? Hehe..

Daroga said...

@ Bebo
because I want you to keep smiling :)

Garam Bheja Fry said...

heyyy!! chalta hai boss..amreeka jaake award jeetna!! :)