Saturday, March 03, 2007

Look before you mail...

Few days back I received a mail from USC Graduate Admissions . My heart skipped a beat or two when it read that my department had sent over proof that it'll fund me with 36,350 USD while the cost of the program is 46,630 USD and I had to send them the bank letter for the remaining amount.
WHHAAATTT !!!! I M NOT FULLY FUNDED !!!!
And as it happens... I started to think that may be that is the case and my dream of going to USA began to crumble, and that too when my parents were around, celebrating my 'success'.

With a very heavy heart I mailed them back seeking some kind of explanation of my 'fellowship'. And I got the reply that it was simply an 'addition error' and they will mail me the revised offer soon !!!!
Come on people.... next time please use ur calculator... someone could have had a heart-attack!!!!

And yesterday I got The Mail... stating that I would be getting Tuition fee waiver + medial insurance + 30,000 USD for the first year and for the next three years the 30,000 would be reduced to RA which will be a minimum of 23,000 USD. Believe me yaaron ... its enough :) So its offical now. I am going to the US in August beginning provided the US Consulate does not deny me VISA.

As I am typing this post I am all red,green,black,yellow,blue, and what not. HAPPY HOLI TO ALL YOU FOLKS !!! May this Holi fills your life with all the colors possible. I have been experiencing the colors from fews days back !!!!

Happy Holi....
c ya soon

15 comments:

Bebo said...

Happy for you!

Daroga said...

@ Bebo
me too happy for me :D

K.F. Sahiwala said...

Happy Holi !

Keep blogging, Nice Blog.

Daroga said...

@ Khozem
Happy Holi 2 u 2 :)
keep visiting

Garam Bheja Fry said...

oye happy diwali..*hick* oops!! [:D]

Daroga said...

@ Cardamom
Happy Diwali 2 u 2 ....*hick* *hick*
he he

Zee said...

Happy holi to you too!!! :)

Daroga said...

@ Zee
thnx :)
so... bhaang chadhi ki nahin :P

the sunflower said...

really fantastic news.... many many congratulations to you... :)

Daroga said...

@ Sunflower
Thnk u Thnk u :)

Zee said...

adarsh, avashya chadi! :)

Daroga said...

@ Zee
humko nahin chadhi :(
3 glass piye the phir bhi :D

Anonymous said...

Dude! Congrats man.. just stunning and awesome. I am planning to take MS there @ USC. Hope to catch you shortly!

Cheers,
Vinay

Daroga said...

@ Dreamchaser
Thnx yaar... sure will catch u there :)

Anonymous said...

hiiiiiiiiii