Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Memories

Today the last class of my undergraduate career got over at 10:30 IST. I had decided to write my last post in class today. The post was supposed to be about the activites going on in the class... as in 'Live Telecast' but... as I woke up this morning... I decided to BUNK the class. So...... no class... no 'live telecast' :P
As a result... I am posting one of my earlier 'class-work' , written a few days earlier. Each stanza in this poem represents a certain stage of my life @ IIT Kgp, starting from the moment when I knew I got through IITJEE.


Safal hone ki wo umang,
Maa k chehre pe wo khushi,
Papa ki awaaz mein wo santosh,
Ab to sirf yaadein hi baaki hain.

Sapno ki duniya mein wo pehla kadam,
Ajnabi hawa mein wo pehli saans,
Akelepan ka wo pehla ehsaas,
Aaj sirf yaadein hi baaki hain.

Galti se galti karne ka wo darr,
Those days of living in terror,
While making friends forever,
Only the memory remains.

That pride of being in control,
Giving it all your heart and soul,
Those brave efforts only to lose it all,
The memory lives, so does the spirit.

It's time to set out,
It's time to show.
It's my turn to leave,
With the memories to follow.

5 comments:

Lady Godiva said...

its your time to fly, in a bigger, better sky :-)

Daroga said...

@ Godiva
Bigger... yes
Better... I hope so :)

Bebo said...

Finally :-) Wish you all the best!

Bebo said...

Nice poem Adarsh!

Daroga said...

@ Bebo
Thanks

@ Bebo
Thanks :)

:D :D :D :D