Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Countdown Begins....

From today.... it is exactly 10 days to go.
Everything's done except Forex and Medical.
Came back yesterday after bidding good-bye to my relatives and lots of my kid-cousins. When I told them that when there's morning in India, there's evening in America.... one of them posed a BIG question.....
she: "भैया.... आप जब फ़ोन करियेगा तो हम good morning बोलेंगे या good evening?"
me: "err.... ummm..... देख लो .... हमको नहीं पता"
after giving it lots of thoughts.....
she: "ये good morning , good evening का झंझट छोड़िये ..... प्रणाम , नमस्ते का system रखेंगें... तब कोई दिक्कत नहीं होगा."
methinks..... Good job.

It's time to look at 'The Lasts' ... at least for the next 365 days or so....
  • The last time I was in my Institute.
  • The last time I was with my Wing.
  • The last time I travelled in a local train.
  • The last time I crossed Howrah Bridge.
  • The last time I rode my bi-cycle.
  • The last time I travelled in a jam-packed general compartment.
  • The last time I drove my Bajaj Legend.
  • The last time I get a तेल - मालिश from Mom
  • The last days at my home.
  • The last days in my motherland.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading this, I am crying...

Lady Godiva said...

how days fly by...
All the best for the new lease of your life.

Zee said...

on ur marks...get set...go!

Daroga said...

@ Anon
arre huzoor... rone ka nahin...
waise naam to bata hi sakte the.... :P

@ Godiva
Thank u....... Thank u

@ Zee
ready....steady... GO.... :)

Still Searching said...

Heyyyy.. feels like my countdown a few months back! Well, welcome to America... hope you continue to blog once you're here !

Daroga said...

@ SS
Thanks... :)
This blog has become an integral part of my life... I would definitely continue blogging.. wherever I am.