Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Jai Ho e-world waalon !!!

"I hated being away from my dear blog for such a long time" is a severe understatement. I actually i-don't-know-the-word it. Being dis-connected is one of the worst,if not the worst, thing to happen to any enginner. Oh.... did I tell you that I am now officially an Engineer.... a Metallurgical and Materials Engineer.... to be precise.

*taaliyaaan*

So much happened in the past month. I had to run from pillar to post to get my computer and phone repaired. You can understand the pain. The problem was that my PC was not responding to data cable and my bluetooth enabled handset was having problems with its bluetooth. The result..... no way to connect phone and PC. Anyway.... now I am connected through bluetooth. So... I guess.... All’s well that ends well.

End se yaad aaya..... my stay in my home.... my locality...... my district.... my state..... my country is coming to an end..... temporarily or permanently.... i don’t know. Shopping etc. is almost done. The paper work is also done. All I have to do now i to get used to cooking and teach my parents to oprate the computer and internet...... that pretty well ends the preparation.
All the while I was dis-connected... it was only Me, My bed and TV.

· Indian Idol(Sony TV) is good... in fact .... pretty good. I have always liked its presentation, but this time the level of singing is also very good. PLUS ..... 3 of the 11 remaining finalists are from my hometown Dhanbad. Go Idols..... lage raho. Jai Dhanbad.... Jai Jharkhand... Jai Bhaarat.

· Voice Of India(Star Plus) has brought tremendous talents. All of them sing very well and most are real gems. VOI lacks in its presentation and promotion.

· Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge (Zee TV) sucks. The last time.. when Shaan hosted it..... it was very good but as the creative team moved to Star alongwith Shaan..... the difference clearly shows.

· Antakshari(Star Plus) is back and rocking......... both the general series as well the children series. Anu Kapoor is a very powerful host and Juhi Parmar is very beautiful :)

· The Great India Laughter Challenge III brought some of the best new stand-up comedians. The first female contestant Arti Khandpal(i think) was excellent.

· Comedy Circus(Sony TV) sucks. Simply.... IT SUCKS.... inspite of bringing in the very beautiful Shruti Seth as host.

· Ekta Kapoor and her K-shows..... as usual Sucks. Her shows can easily qualify for “Who Dares Wins”. A normal human being with normal sensibilities just can’t watch any of her show for more than 30 seconds. It is mentally impossible. They don’t say ‘Indian Women are strong ‘ for no reason. After all Indian Women do watch such horible shows for more than 3 hours in a day!!! Jai ho Bhartiya Naari. When Ekta Kapoor came to Koffee with Karan... she said to her detractors “If you don’t like it... don’t watch it.” Good.... I liked that attitude.... and it was fair enough. But then she gave another master statement .... “I aim to make TV serials like Prison Break and 24.” I mean..... Ekta ji.... Please..... give us a break. Have you even watched any episode of the great series you just mentioned!!! They contain two basic ingredients which you, of course don’t know...... Story and Logic( to an extent). And their camermen don’t topple every 5 seconds while shooting. All right.... enough of Ekta.

· The news channels SUCK. All of them. They present just Commercial journalism.... when at such times... they should think of Constructive and Progressive journalism. Football star Christiano Ronaldo gave a peck on Bipasha basu’s cheeks..... and these idiot make it a ‘Headline’ and ‘Breaking News’ !!!! Please guys..... seriously.... who cares. Yesterday Zee News was showing how one can reach runways and other sensitive areas of Mumbai airport without any proper security chekups. In short... they were showing how to blow off the airport. Later they showed how bombs can be made easily. I just want to ask them a Question... Are they sure their channel is not watched by current or wannabe terrorists? If they had such information.... why didn’t they act responsibly and go to appropriate authorities with the video instead of relaying them on National television? Bloody Fools. Careless Buggers.

Anyway.... so much for the Indian Television. Its now back to Me, My PC and Internet.

20 days to go.........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

after a loooooog time . welcome back.
Ankita

Anonymous said...

Seriously, TV sucks big time. waise nice to see you back in action... after a long time.
Stay (and keep you internet) connected :-).
take care.
~LadyG

Daroga said...

@ Ankita
ya.... after a looooooooonngggg time..... BTW u missed the 'n' :P

@ LadyG
I liked ur nick... mast hai :)
Inshallah.. this time this connection won't betray me....
and oh yes... TV keeps on sucking :))