Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Indian Idol 3

Well.... क्या करें... जब इन्सान घर पे हो और करने को कुछ ना हो .... तो मज़बूरी का नाम होता है TV. My 13 year old TV has just(?)39 channels but वो भी ज्यादा पड़ जाते हैं. So of the very very few watchable shows... Indian Idol 3 is one of the better ones. And.... now that I am hooked.... I am giving my review of the contestants in the Gala round(its sad that I ill be gone before Indian Idol 3 gets its final 7). Nevertheless..... here I go......
  • Meyang Chang : Very good singer. Has a charming appearance and a very sweet smile. The first one in my TOP 5. BTW... He's from my hometown Dhanbad.
  • Abhishek Kumar : Another very good singer, especially the Kishore Kumar songs. Wears a cap for luck a la you-know-who :P. Has very strong support of judges. I believe he doesn't need the cap now, for he can sing his way through. Definitely in my TOP 5. And oh... he is also from Dhanbad.
  • Deepali : This girl from Patna is extremely talented.... and she looks very graceful. But somehow I feel she is a bit short on luck. I definitely want her to be in TOP 5.
  • Puja Chatterjee : Another extremely talented, pretty and confident girl and the third one from Dhanbad. They don't call her 'Dhanbad Dynamite' for no reason. After being in the bottom 2 after the 1st gala.... she's bounced back superbly... and is singing powerfully. A must have in TOP 5.
  • Emon Chatterjee : A smarty from Kolkata and a very good singer. But somehow I get the feel that he won't last till the last. As of now.. he completes my TOP 5.
  • Ankita Mishra : This Kanpur gal is a very very confident performer. She very well makes up for the slight goof-ups in her singing by her extra-energetic performance. Its her performance that will take her to the top. After facing eviction in the piano round... she's come back very strongly and is a threat to all.
  • Charu Semwal : This Dehradun beauty is another very gud singer.. but somehow she has managed to irk the judges and the audience(read: me) by performing below her potential.
  • Amit Paul : This guy all the way from Shillong is a real Dark Horse. He is slowly and steadily making his mark. I believe he'll turn out to be a big threat. The reason why he is not in my TOP 5 is his singing in the piano round. But he has been terrific till now in the Galas.
  • Prashant Tamang : This sepoy from Kolkata has a sweet voice but not the kind which would take him to the top. He is destined to loose early and his below par performances in the Galas has not helped either.
  • Parleen : The over-praised guy. I don't know what do the judges see in him. I mean... okay... he is smart... and sings decent. But you shouldn't exclaim 'mindblowing', 'rockstar', etc for an average performance. This will only harm him. He may go a bit farther than deserved due to his looks.
So... here are the final 10 till now. Lets see if my TOP 5 matches yours and of course the actual TOP 5.

Disclaimer:
All the views expressed above are the personal views of this blogger and all the resemblance to the persons,of course living, was highly required.

ciao

4 comments:

Sajeev said...

my favourites are ankita , abhishek and emon, prashant is also i think very sweet and charming

Anonymous said...

Amit Paul,Puja Chaterjee,Deepali,Prasant Tamang,Abhishek Kumar
My Top Five :D

Zee said...

aap reappear ho hi gaye after all? i'm totally in for emon...he's an awesome singer...but u're right...some idiots will probably vote him out

Daroga said...

@ Sajeev
chaliye... dekhte hain ki who all go all the way to the top.... :)
keep visiting

@ Anon
sabka naam liya par khud ka lena bhool gaye :P

@ Zee
haan ji.... re-appeared after long...
Inshallah ab gayab nahin honge :)