Monday, June 12, 2006

Two Liives

Well….the EXTRAA ‘i’ is to avoid any charge of copyright violation what-so-ever.


I am living two very different kinds of life here at Jamshedpur. The first one begins at around 8:00 am IST when I enter Tata Steel Research and Control Laboratory. I have my own cubicle/desk(whatever u may like to call it) with a PC with an internet connection(freeeeeee!!!!). It’s entirely another matter that the PC is a P3 and in spite of its limited processing capability, it is courageous enough to run FLUENT(a very demanding software), GAMBIT(another demanding one), Orkut, Gtalk, Yahoo messenger and Winamp….simultaneously….without ever hanging despite being tortured by me like this for the past month. Poor thing doesn’t get to sleep even!!! It must be cursing me like anything….. but I can’t help it….sorry dear. And…Oh…I forgot to mention the AC dear….. it has no idea how much it is serving mankind !!!
So…this is my 1st life… which ends at around 7 pm IST when I leave …but not before assigning my poor and helpless but ultra-courageous PC another Night-out task.

Then begins the more adventourous …2nd life here as I reach my rest-room(in literal terms). It seems that the Electrical Power of Jamshedpur has taken it upon herself to avenge the merciless exploitation of her sister in I.I.T. Kharagpur. She really hates kgpians and she has got 2 months and 4 Kgpians to settle the score. So as soon as she sees me returning to my rest-room….she runs away. Don’t tell me that she has to serve another locality at that time only!!! Believe me…EPJ( Electric Power of Jamsedpur…yaar) enjoys harassing…. helpless and clueless …. we kgpians. When she is in a normal mood…she will elude us for about 1-2 hrs from around 9 pm IST … and when she is in a more playful mood, she will play hide-n-seek at night….. sometimes at midnight, and sometimes at 2:45 am IST !!! .....I told you naa…..she enjoys it a lot.

She has two very close friends who assist her in here revenge. One is the Rain……both of them will go on playing together for hours….and unless there is an S-O-S from the city itself….they continue their games. The other is The Mosquito…. the only creature other than Human Beings who love HUMAN BLOOD.

Normally two of the three attack us at a time but when all three of them decide to have a go on us…….it becomes “Survival of the Fittest” kind of thing!!!

These games of EPJ has relieved our landlord off the trouble of water pump.....One Handpump…..and it takes care of 10 families living in there.
Another key to survival is…....F*** Hygiene. I give my WBCs a hell lot of workout ….. in order to survive within the constraints of time, space, money and energy.

And I have survived one month now…..with another month remaining only!!! …which ….. Inshallah….. will pass on very soon and I will declare myself “Fit/Fitter/Fittest”…..whatever…. and return to my KGP….. survived……and a bit more learned…..AMEN !!!

10 comments:

the sunflower said...

don't we all lead two lives?

Daroga said...

ya ...we do..... some of us...even more!!!

Daroga said...

he he........aish kar.....
meri ma'm 2 baar aa gayi thi jab hum gaana sun rahe the....ek baar to hum notice hi nahin kiye....apni hi masti mein the..... :D

Anonymous said...

I m listening to Default songs of windows media player...humko gaane load nahi karne dete...sale mkl...

Daroga said...

he he he he he he he ..............
internet se dld kahe nahin kar leta.... uspe bhi restriction hai kya??
aur saale apna naam nahin likh saktha tha last mein......kaise pehchaanenge???

Anonymous said...

abey tata steel ne fukat ka net kya diya .....tu to ek dam din mein ek blog likhta hai bey..sahin hai ...
ek meri company hai jo net to di hai but saala orkut bhi nahin khulta hai ....haan but as yu know compu bada mast hai :D

Daroga said...

accha compu le ke kya H*******
abe net bahut zaroori hai.........2 mahine kaatne ke liye JAM jaisi jagah mein.....tere to aas-paas bahut kuchh hai.....yahan ekdum veeraan hai ;)
lage raho

Daroga said...

are hum ekdum badhiya hain......ab zada din bacha nahin hai....jaldi se khatam karke bhaage yahan se....
aap batao.....kaam kaisa chal raha hai

Anonymous said...

kya be daroge...saala e bimari to aparichit ko bhi tha...ee bimaari ko multiple personalty disorder kehte hain...bhag ke ranchi ja paas mein hi hai

Daroga said...

@ tau
aapka sujhao note kar liya gaya hai.....