Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Majboori ka naam..... understand yourself.

They say... The best comes out of you when things are not your way. I believe. And I have experienced. (It's an entirely different matter what you consider as 'GOOD') Whether this education system of ours tends to lead us astray from the 'Thinking Module' is a personal perspective...lets leave it as it is. May be the problem is with me.... but the fact is that...I can't memorise things...the parrot types. I am a to-be-engineer ... and NOT a to-be-calculator...for GOD's sake!!! But how does it matter to the system. It won't change for me. So there I was going to appear for the examination of a subject...which required....hardcore crammming up of formulae.... and too many of them. I was helpless. The questions were going to be like... you know the formulae.... everything will be given except one .... use your calculator.... and done. BUT.... BUT... BUT..... I said naa... I CAN'T MEMORISE. That would have meant..... A big ZERO.... in each problem. Adversity....right. I had to rely on my cerebral sleights. This is what I did...I mean I had to.... I wrote those formulae on the back of the chair in front. And to support myself.... I had kept chits in each fold of my hanky. The invigilators were kind enough not to roam around in the room all the time and I knew that. So.... tht's it.... I didn't get ZERO. And yes... I firmly believe in co-operation. So how did we co-operate? Thank God....they made the eraser white. We wrote..and we just passed on... in front of the 'watchful' eyes. Confidence people....confidence. It works wonders.
Another day.... another paper. The difference.... the hall contained some 150 students...10 invigilators...all in highly energised state... which forced them to circle around as if the neighbor's dog is chasing them. The result... the 'Hanky funda' wasn't going to work. I had tried to memorise... BUT..... So there I was....sitting in the hall....sans the formulae....wondering..... when..... EUREKA !!! So... I took the scale... wrote the question no. on it .... and peacefully kept it on the desk behind me. He took the scale... wrote the formula...returned......and yeppie..... I was sure...I won't get a ZERO. 1-2 questions later... same situation..... WANTED.... FORMULA...URGENT. Scale was done with. I HAD to find a new tool...and found I did. I had a pen with yellow and white stripes.... WHITE....mind you. And I had another pen. (did I mention earlier something like 'Thinking Module') Another answer received....few more marks secured.
Come next semester... I was more confident. My memorising power didn't improve though. So the no. of chits, I call them farras, increased alongwith the contents in each of them. I didn't get ZERO in any of them. Not to mention..the tables...which doubled up as writing sheets...and large ones too. As I told you that this 'Hanky funda' and the 'Rubber Co-opeation' doesn't work outside our department. And there I had a paper in another hall.... 150 students... 6-7 invigilators..... and no formulae to memorise. But as I had grown confident... I wanted to be on the safer side. So I went to the exam....Full sleeved.... full-buttoned. Underneath were written the algorithms....7 of them....yes..you heard it right.... 7 entire algorithms.... written in my arms..and legs too. The paper didn't require me to unbutton my sleeves...but nevertheless ... I was prepared.
Another semestrer passed the same way....only difference being that all the papers were in our department only. The Grades were out .... they were inversely proportional to the volume of the chits/farras.

The Moral of the Story..... 'Cheating' in an exam doesn't necessarily help. I am no more into 'Cheating'. BUT Wait..... 'Cheating' is a highly subjective term. For me.... 'Co-operation' is not a part of 'Cheating'. I have my mid-sems from 15th.

All the best to all the examinees.

C ya soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dost ,,If u Keep continue these fandas about the xam then Some body must start doing this..BTW how much truth it has ?? [In case Of u] [:D]

Daroga said...

@ Raj
bol diya dost :))
hum kasam kha k kahta hoon ki e sab satya wachan hai...

Anonymous said...

adarsh bhai exams aa gaye hai ...kuch samajh main nahin rahan yaad rakhna to dur ki baat..kuch 'time-tested' fundae do
dk

Daroga said...

@ DK
fundae to hum de diye idhar..... ha ha ha
APPLY kar le.... :))

Bebo said...

'all in highly energised state... which forced them to circle around as if the neighbour's dog is chasing them' Hehe...thats so true.
Adarsh, to tum exams ke liye aise prepare karthe ho? Well done! I appreciate your courage and confidence to fool the energetic invigilators.

Keep up the hard work!

Daroga said...

@ Sh D
"karte ho" nahin..."karte the"
I said naa... no more 'Cheating'...now my hanky will be used for the primary purpose only... :)