Saturday, July 01, 2006

One Half Chilly

Yesterday I didn’t eat a thing in sheer excitement of my training getting over …finally!!! So there I was …. @ 5 pm…..hungry but excited…. To hand over my report …get my certificate and…..end it all. One flash…. And it was gone…….. THERE WAS A POWER CUT IN TATA STEEL R&D JUST WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO TAKE THE PRINT OUT !!! ....I was more than a mere WHAT THE F*** . The failure was a major one and I had no option than to ‘agree’ to come the next day…..i.e. today for completing the formalities and all. Anyway … I left R&D … hungry and frustrated… for my restroom. All the day I had planned to treat myself with some Chinese delicacies at a roadside Fast Food Stall and I decided to stick to it. Only the reason for the treat changed from celebrating to venting out frustration. I ordered One Half Chilly (chicken chilly … I mean) and One Half Veg Chowmein to go with it. Now this particular order of mine was a bit too much for the man to handle it….. I knew it…and was more than willing to wait for the delicacies to arrive. I don’t know if it was out of frustration, or hunger, or mere anticipation, but I was staring at each and every bit of the Rolls/ Fried rice/Chowmein made with an intense, I-can-eat them-all-at-once look.

As I was biting my lips every time the person in front of me was taking a bite…. a poor( I mean literally) girl came with her mom. You know…. Every time I see these poor, unfortunate kids wandering on the roads, I can’t help but feel pity on them. I want to help them but as of now I don’t have the means. No….. That’s the hard earned money of my Papa and I can’t go doing charity around with that. The comfort level has not risen to that extent. So… the point is I can only feel pity and hope…against hope…that someone helps them. So there was that girl with a 2 rupee coin (I think….may be 1 rupee coin), given by her mom to get something for herself. If a mother doesn’t have enough money, she will overlook her child’s demand(s)….That is civilization…… And a mother who doesn’t have enough money, but with whatever she has … she asks for whatever she can get for her child…. Without giving a damn to what others would think…… That’s un-civilization …… WHAT AN EDUCATION!!!

I was seriously hoping that someone comes forward and gives the girl whatever little she demanded on his own account…… and to my surprise…. Someone actually did!!!
I was happy for the girl … and I had respect for the man. Things like these force me to hate myself when someone inside me says that I don’t like my countrymen.

When I would be earning…..even though not printing out currencies at will…. I will ensure that one unfortunate-to-be-born-to-poor-parents child gets a meal and he/she has a nice time enjoying it…. I PROMISE. I am keeping my vow to a minimum of one child-one meal because I don’t know if, when and how much I would be earning.

--------------------

BTW… my training is over now….and I will be at home tomorrow for the next 15 days or so.
See you soon.

3 comments:

R said...

congrats!
congrats!
congrats!

(training khatam hone ke liye!!
)
nzoi zee chuttizzzzz

the sunflower said...

completing your training is an accomplishment! congs...

you just took me back to my project days... we were four of us doing one project - what fun it was!

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested