Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Missing U Sis ........

Today is Raksha-Bandhan..... and I am missing my Sis a lot. This is the fourth time that we are not together on Raakhi and the first time that we both are out of home on Raakhi...and I am feeling terrible this time....I don't know why....may be because of the uncertainty hovering upon our lives at this moment. We don't know where would we be on the next Raakhi. This is the most critical year of our lives. She has posted her Raakhi...but I am yet to receive it...which I am extremely sincerely hoping to receive by today afternoon.
There's always something special about Raakhis. I really feel that we guys look smarter on Raksha-Bandhan. May be due to the fact that we endorse a great responsibility that day. And above all.... there's always something special sbout sisters. Every brother believes that his sister is the best in this world... So..with due respect to all the brothers in this world.... I, hereby, state that .."My Sis is the best in the Universe."
My sis is a year younger than me( a year and 3 days... to be precise). And she used to be half an inch taller than me when we were younger.... so it took her quite some time to grasp the fact that she was younger than me. The 'uncles' and 'aunties' who visited us and said.."Beti badi lagti hai" didn't help either. Anyways .... its a now accepted fact worldwide that I am elder than her. And this fact got so ingrained in me that I used to 'act' elder since time immemorial. She used to honour my share of mischiefs too. As we grew up...the already rare 'cat-fight' faded away. We became friends...and the best of them. Our relationship is sans the roothna-manaana stuff. We don't say that "I love U sis/bhaiya." Its understood and we know that. My mom sometimes wonders that why don't we fight like other brothers ans sisters..even occasionally. May be...because we didn't get an oppotunity :D .
As you now know...She did not consider herself younger than me. So whenever Dad was not there for dinner... his seat was occupied by her...No Questions asked...No Questions answered.
Whenever Mom used to force her to study..... Dad would come to her rescue. He gave her the ultimate free hand. Even today... while I go numb in front of Dad...she doesn't think twice in taking him on.... be it acquiring the TV remote... or changing the menu of the dinner.
She rules our home. When she is not there...silence drops in. In her absence...10 days proved to be a handful...the last time I was at home. She is the hearthrob of Dad, Mom and me. We all love her the most in this world.
As I am writing this...I am getting lost in the beautiful images of our childhood together.... the mini-fights...the conflict over our 'tiffin' menu....she always being late for the school bus... she eating more than she could take....she stealing achaar from kitchen and giving me a bit... just to involve me in the 'crime'..... she telling me to stop studying otherwise mom won't let her in the kitchen....she 'searching' for 20 minutes for a copy which was lying right in front..just to lessen the actual time of study..... she sleeping while I am explaining her doubt....the list is endless.
When she cries..no matter what the reason is..... I go weak. I just can't stand tears in her eyes.... it may be sounding 'filmy' but I realised it very recently. She is the apple of my eyes and the queen of my heart. This sums it all. Happy Raksha-Bandhan Sweety....Bhaiya Loves U.

---------------------------------------------------
Added Later :
I received my Raakhi in the afternoon. It's the most beautiful Raakhi I have ever tied. :)

13 comments:

Bebo said...

"she stealing achaar from kitchen and giving me a bit... just to involve me in the 'crime' " Thats so clever of her. Really chweet idea. A chweet crime.

I am sure she is the luckiest sis in the world to have a loving brother like you.

Hope you will recieve the Rakhi by afternoon. Do let me know ok.Have a gr8 Raksha Bandhan Day!

Daroga said...

@ Darsh
Dunno abt her.. but I am the luckiest brother in the world to hav a sis like her.
and yes...I received her Raakhi...its the most beautiful of all the Raakhis I have worn till date.

Raghav said...

well-written post

Daroga said...

@ Raghav
Thnx :)

Anu Sharma said...

even im missin my bhai , we left him on d very day wen sis supposed to b wid dem ..i.e on rakhi ...chalo koi nah missing someone is 1 of d beautiful parts of our life !

Daroga said...

@ Anu
Absolutely true.... :)
it would be useless if u don't hav sm1 to miss.

R said...

i nevah knew that 'Bhai's per se cud be so senti abt their sisters!!
I felt that that was an exclusive girls only domain.
but this post proves me wrong.
and I am happy to be proven wrong:)

hope u had an ossumm rakhee!

Daroga said...

@ Raam Pyaari
:).....
and yes...I did have an ossum Raakhi... its still glorifying my wrist and I intend to leave it there itself...till it wants to reamin there... :)

the sunflower said...

sweet.... i actually buy my rakhi with my bro.... we actually go thru about 100 odd rakhis before picking out the perfect one which both of us like! :)

Daroga said...

@ Sunflower
But for that...both of us hav to be at the same point of time and space...rt?
neways... She has always selected Raakhi on her own. I used to get to see it on the day itself..or smtimes...a day before or two... :D

Lady Godiva said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lady Godiva said...

your post has realy touched a long lost corner of my heart... i miss my bro a lot 24/7 (you can say)... but i never knew that a brother cud miss his sis this much. seriously, very nice thought.

Daroga said...

@ Lady Godiva
thnx... :)(tht's all i can say now)
take care